As much as we at ABC Trading enjoy spoiling our clients with great service and equipment, we ask you to please take note of the following:-
The below terms and conditions of hire will hereafter refer to ABC Trading CC, as ‘the Hire Company’ any individual, company, corporation or agency or it’s designated representatives who wish to hire equipment and or engage in the services of the Hire Company will hereafter be referred to as the ‘Client’.
Safety and damage of hired goods:-
- The safety and security of all hired furniture and effects and associated equipment is the full responsibility of the Client from the commencement date of hire until return to the ABC Trading CC. The Client will be liable to pay the full replacement cost of any breakages or cost of repairs to damaged hire equipment / goods that occur during the hire period.
- The onus remains on the Client to arrange security at their own cost for any furniture used in open public areas.
- Any hire items returned with burns, holes, tears or other abnormalities may be charged at the replacement cost and thereof .
- Any missing, broken, unclean items returned will be charged for at full replacement cost and/or cleaning cost and deducted from the bond amount.
- Any hire items is returned in such state that is not easily restored to a clean condition using ordinary laundering methods, and are required to have professional cleaning (i.e. dry cleaning) that cost will be charged to the Client at the appropriate rate.
- If upon return the hire equipment is found by ABC Trading CC to be in an excessively unclean condition (i.e. requiring beyond normal cleaning procedures) and /or not in good working order, the Client shall pay the Hire Company the full cost of restoring the hire equipment to clean condition and good working order or the replacement thereof if necessary.
- The Client accepts full responsibility to compensate the Hire Company for the value of the hire equipment or parts thereof which may be lost or stolen, broken from the time of commencement of the hire Damaged or lost goods will be invoiced separately and payments must be received within the 24 hours of invoicing or further penalties will be incurred.
Additional delivery / collection fees due to excessive delays by the Client:-
- If the Client requests that the Hire Company transports hire equipment to or from the Hire Companies premises the Client shall pay the Hire Company all charges and expenses pertaining to this delivery of hire equipment/services as per the quote. Additional charges will be incurred if excessive delays occur whilst delivering or collecting the hired equipment.
- Goods collected and returned by the client must be collected by 11h00am and returned by 13h00 as per dates stipulated, or penalties may be charged. Unless a prior arrangement has been confirmed with ABC Trading CC.
Set-up fee if required by the Client:-
- Set up and removal of equipment The Hire Company is not responsible for the set up of the equipment, unless otherwise agreed.
- If the Client requires our services to set-up, install and dismantling the hired equipment, the fee will vary based on quantity of hire equipment required, installation time, access and other contributing factors.
- Should the Client wish to make use of the set-up services, the Client should request a quote prior to deliver and collection.
- Hired equipment to be assembled in one accessible area on delivery and collection.
Condition of goods:-
- ABC Tradings CC’s equipment is cleaned, maintained and itemized before being issued to a Client.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure all of the ordered hire equipment is in satisfactory condition upon delivery or collection and must notify the Hire Company within 2 hours of receiving the goods/hire equipment if it is otherwise.
- The Client acknowledges the correct use for which the hire equipment is designed.
- Although a small security deposit is charge, kindly note that this amount is not calculated at replacement value. Most hired equipment replacement value can be viewed on www.patiostyle.co.za.
- The Client acknowledges that the Hire Company is in no way responsible for the inclement weather which can affect the outcome of an event and further more agrees that all equipment and services hired for an event will be paid for in full even in the circumstance of a cancelled event due to inclement weather.
- No furniture can be used on any wet surface or in any area that will allow for water damage. All items to be stored in a safe and dry place before and after the event.
- The Client is to ensure available access to the venue for deliver and collection and is responsible for obtaining and covering any costs pertaining to permits of any kind, if required.
- Availability of hire equipment The Hire Companies goods are available on a first to pay basis. It is the responsibility of the Client to secure the Items and/or services by means of payment in full by the stipulated date..
Once a payment has been received, items cancelled up to 2 weeks before the hire date will be charged 100% of the hire charge. This is due to the fact that the goods could not be supplied to another hirer. No cancellation by the Client will be acknowledged or valid unless it is received in writing & acknowledged by the Hire Company. The following cancellation charges apply :
30+ days prior to event: 25%
24 days prior to event: 50%
14 days prior to event: 100%
On confirmation of payment:-
- The Client agrees and fully indemnifies the Hire Company for and against all claims.
- The Client hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Hire Company will in no way accept responsibility or be held accountable for any injury, death, loss of Income or damage caused to the client or its property, or any other third parties or properties involved in relation to the hire equipment/and or services hired.
- The Client hereby acknowledges by means of payment that it has read & understood the above terms and conditions and unconditionally accepts all the above.